Sunday 22 March 2015

Harry Potter Studio Tour

I've had my tickets booked for the Warner Brothers Studio Tour for months and have been counting down the days. WOW. It's such (pardon the pun) a magical place! From the moment you see the studios you instantly get goosebumps. Then that moment you walk through the doors, you can't get that feeling any random place. We turned up almost an hour early so we had time to relax and browse the gift shop. That gave time to think about the awesome things we could buy at the end. Then still with time left until our tour I had a cheeky Starbucks, with the Harry Potter music just in the background, casually. 

Then it was time... I got to admit I did fangirl a lot before I even got in there! That moment you walk through the doors to the great hall and think woah I'm actually here. I got the audio guide, which I hugely advise to get because you don't get a tour guide the whole way around, it's very independent. 

After you leave the Great Hall you are left by yourself to just explore, and me being a huge film and Harry Potter geek it made me very happy that I could go at my own pace. 

The tour is divided into 3 parts, the first being all the sets and costumes and props etc. Then the second section is outside with the transport such as Hagrid bike and then also the hogwarts bridge. Then the third section is all based around the pre-production side for example the story boards. I love every part of the film from the pre-production to the post-production and it being Harry Potter just made it perfect. Another part I was really excited about was the Butterbeer! After the first section of the tour there's a little cafeteria for you to stop and have lunch and there's casually a Butterbeer stand.

I have to admit though it is for people with an extreme sweet tooth, I didn't really like it. It was a bit disappointing because I was hoping to love it! But anyway that didn't ruin my awesome day! I need to go back asap! They have a new attraction which I just missed, no big deal, just missed THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS!!! 

The whole tour was so exciting, every part just kept giving. Even at the end when you see a huge model of Hogwarts, you just stand there in awe. You don't want to leave but know you sadly have to. 

As you leave you enter straight into the gift shop. I did spend £80 I admit but it was all worth it! Not as bad as my cousin though who spent £200! The gift shop is so huge and has something for everybody! From clothes to toys to books to sweets etc etc.

Overall I couldn't rate this place because it's just too amazing!