Thursday 26 November 2015

You can't be thankful for life with death on your table • Thanksgiving

Don't you find it ironic? The growing trend of thanksgiving, which is based on being thankful for your life and what you have, is celebrated with death as its centre piece. Animals are tortured and murdered for people to over look and 'make' thanksgiving this huge event. I find is disgraceful and I don't understand why it happens! We live in a world where we all love animals yet continue to mistreat and deceive them by abusing them and taking there lives. Why should an innocent Turkey by murdered for you to be thankful for your life? You can do that any day of the week without killing an innocent being. I mean I'm thankful for what I have by living on a vegan diet. I don't need to have an animal killed to make me realise what I have!
There are many delicious murder free ways to celebrate Thanksgiving. Wouldn't it make you even more thankful if you didn't bring death into your house? I am thankful for fellow vegans who understand my point. There are millions of people out there who will call me 'preachy' but don't you find that funny? To offend me you have to kill and harm animals but to offend non-vegans you just have to tell them the truth? I hope the growing lifestyle of veganism keeps growing and animals can go back to the lives they had before we ruined them. Every animal used to be free, think about it. Before the time of man they were obviously not being murdered for food.
A vegan lifestyle is no where near boring! I have tried so many new cuisines and I feel much more happy about my life. Just imagine how good it feels to know by living this lifestyle you are giving back life to a poor innocent animal, by decreasing the demand for meat.