Saturday 28 November 2015

Vegan at Winter Wonderland

Its the most wonderful time of the year, and isn't it true!? But it can be quite tricky for us Vegans can't it? All the omnivores focused on there egg nog's and turkey :( But worry not! The world is slowly realising it should be vegan!
Today I went to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, London and I wasn't expecting to find anything for me other than chips. I was wrong though! Even though there wasn't a million different varieties, there was more than I thought!

Food
As you walk through the door you are shown all the foods you can't eat... like literarily rubbed in your face. They are literally like we love giving you stuff that we had to torture animals for, I had to try and be oblivious. But every time I see something non vegan I can't help thinking of its origin. THEN I CAME ACROSS THE CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN STALL, I had banana and strawberry with the dark chocolate (100% vegan) and it was gorgeous. Look how good it looked, and I assure you it tasted as good as it looks! I could eat more and more. Continuing on I started to get a bit hungry and was wondering what I was going to have for dinner. Thinking I was going to have to have chips I spotted a hidden treasure! In giant letters the word FALAFEL... I ran straight over and woah I was in heaven. I had a falafel wrap with all the salad and tahini and spicy chilli sauce, the guy even gave me extra falafels because he said I was so happy ;) This was literally one of the best wraps I have ever eaten! I need to go back and get it again! It was worth every penny!! So yeah winter wonderland is developing in its choices because I can't remember this stall from last year! So don't worry vegans! They actually cater for us (a little).

Drinks
Of course there is always soft drinks available but with the cold you want a nice warm drink and I'm sorry to say not one place I asked had soya milk :( A few places did hot chocolate with hot water, though the majority only with milk. So unless you like your tea and coffee black theres not much there for you other than soft drinks and alcohol.

Merchandise
Theres hundreds of amazing stalls that put you in awe of there magical christmas feel! Obviously I think you can tell whats vegan and whats not. I just wanted to add this paragraph to re assure you that there are a load of stalls for us! Just avoid the leather bag stalls and polly scarfs!