Friday 8 January 2016

Leek and Mushroom Parcels

I found inspiration for these online just thinking it would be a nice side to accomplish a buffet. BUT WOW THESE TASTE SO GOOD! Not only did I love them everyone I served them to did as well!! I even used the left over mixture to then make pasty's for everyone! I've even been asked to make these again!

Ingredients:
  • Shortcrust Pastry, I used JustRol ready made (fully vegan)
  • 3 Chopped Leeks
  • Around 10 Mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 Garlic Cloves
  • 1 Tbsp Mixed Herbs
  • 2 Tbsp of Cashew Cream, Ingredients (simply blend until puree):
    • 1/2 Cup of soaked Cashews
    • 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
    • 1/2 Cup of Water
Recipe:
  1. Pulse the leek and garlic in a food processor
  2. Add a dash of water and leek mixture to a frying pan over a medium heat for around 3 minutes
  3. Add mushrooms and herbs, cook for a further 4 minutes
  4. Remove from the heat and mix in the cashew cream
  5. Pre heat the oven to 200C
  6. Meanwhile use a circle cookie cutter and cut up your pastry
  7. Then to each circle add 1 heaped tbsp of filling
  8. Its easier to use a muffin tray whilst cooking to keep shape of parcels, I didn't and my parcels opened
  9. Bake for 25 minutes