Tuesday 5 January 2016

Spinach and Tofu Quiche

One thing that all my family loves is the Quiche I used to make before I was vegan, so I am extremely determined to make a vegan version... Because I am 100% obviously not going to create anything non vegan again! This recipe tasted yummy though didn't make me think oh my gosh I love it. Though I will share the recipe as it still tasted nice.

Ingredients:
  • JustRol Short Crust Pastry (fully vegan)
  • 400g Fresh Spinach
  • 1 Onion, chopped
  • 100g Mushrooms
  • 340g Tofu, Pressed prior
  • Seasoning (To your taste I added Parsley but thought it didn't taste right)
Recipe:
  1. Pre heat your oven to 190C
  2. Cook the Spinach in a saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes
  3. Add a splash of water to a frying pan and fry the onion and mushrooms
  4. Blend your tofu, to get a thick puree consistency
  5. Add the blended tofu to a mixing boll, stir in seasoning, onions, mushrooms and spinach
  6. Place the ready made pastry over a quiche dish (or similar)
  7. Add the mixture
  8. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes