Saturday 26 December 2015

Being Vegan at Disneyland Paris

When I originally booked to go to Disneyland Paris I was not Vegan, so I didn't have to worry about the cuisines they offered. But three months before I left for Disney I discovered the Vegan lifestyle and immediately changed. I then began to research what Vegan options where available in the Parks and I was shocked at what I found. There's barely anything in the park for Vegans! I'm so glad I did research as I knew to pack lunch, which in fact also helped to save me money.
I decided that taking food for lunch, dinner and snacks would be the best option for me! As breakfast is included I didn't have to worry about that. For lunch each day I made a wrap. I took tinned veg and kidney beans in my suitcase to put in the wraps. I made them big so they were filling and lasted a while. I also took snacks in a banana and a snack bar, I also took oranges from breakfast. Then for dinner I had couscous because to make it all you need to do is add hot water! Which is perfect as you don't get a cooker at Disneyland ;) All this took no time to prepare and lasted me all day! I also took a 2 litre bottle of water. and yes you can take all this into the parks! People think you can't take food in but you can!!
Though if you don't want to take pre made food there are a couple of options. The first being the most accessible which is fries, fries are everywhere, though not the most tasty and quite pricy its an easy quick option. Then at the Bella Notre you can get the Rigatoni Napolitana. Then the Agrabah Cafe has a variety of vegan options at there buffet. Out of all the restaurants in the park these are our only options! Everything else pretty much is meat and cheese, which is sad. But which smart positive thinking you can survive being Vegan at Disneyland Paris because I did ;)