Saturday 5 December 2015

Planet Hollywood • Eating Out Vegan

I got to admit I was scared about this one! I went to Planet Hollywood a couple of years ago and from my memory I could remember everything had meat in it! Im not joking! I was even debating if they would have a meatless salad for me! Also this time my mum book the pre theatre menu which scared me even more as instead of being able to chose from a whole menu I was going to get a menu with about 5 options overall!
So we arrived and I knew I could happily drink some alcohol and it be 100% vegan as I know what brands are and aren't vegan. Then we just had to wait for our table, which wasn't at all long. Then we were called to our table and the worry started a little. I was then given a menu with I believe we did only have about 5 options! I can't remember overall. The worrying thing was that my family of non-vegans were even saying they didn't like the choices!
As the waitress came over I asked her about the only vegetarian option... which contained cheese, if without the cheese it was vegan and it was! So I opted for the Pasta Pomodoro, which I was happy about as I love pasta. My mum also asked for a side of garlic bread which the waitress was lovely in telling me its not vegan :( which made me sad a little but hey ho I was excited for my dinner!
We waited a normal time for dinner, around 30/35 minutes and then our food arrived. I have to admit I was disheartened by what I received. Everyone else plates where over flowing with food and mine was the opposite! It was a small portion and wasn't even presented nicely!
The food did taste nice though! But it was not at all filling... luckily for me my family had so much food there were so many chips left over which I had to steal to fill me up!
Overall, it tasted good but I was 100% not given enough to be satisfying. So overall I was disappointed, it's really expensive too.