Saturday 12 December 2015

Pasta 'n' Greens • Healthy Vegan Dinner

Tonight for dinner I was craving pasta, as its a beautiful creation! I just had to decide what to put with it. I try to always make sure that around half of my meal is always veg, ya know being good to my body and all. As its becoming colder and colder I recently just crave warm foods. Though I wasn't craving traditional tomato sauce. So I decided on a classic that my nan always used to cook me ... mushy peas!! I love them so much!! Then looking through my freezer I also decided on spinach. So with my veg box all checked out and complete I needed some good old protein... enter lovely kidney beans. These taste so good and have such good benefits! Well so does everything in this bowl (I used wholewheat pasta which is healthier).
Basically you just cook everything separately as advised as theres so many different varieties of each of the ingredients used but just for this example I will show you what I did.

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 Cup - Wholewheat Pasta
  • Handful of Kidney Beans (leave to soak overnight unless you got tin versions)
  • Handful of Spinach
  • 1 Whole Tin of Tesco Mushy Peas
  • 1 Teaspoon of Garlic


Recipe:
  1. First if like me you don't have tinned Kidney Beans you need to cook them first as they take a very long time to cook through. You have to leave the simmering for 70 minutes.
  2. Once the Kidney Beans were almost done I started to boil the pasta. 
  3. Leave the pasta to boil for 10-12 minutes
  4. Then boil the spinach and put your peas in the microwave at the same time as they have the same duration to cook.
  5. Cook both for 2 minutes.
  6. Then put it all together! Obviously you don't have to present it like me... after I took the image I just mixed it all together!